Research Assistant-Campbell, CA
The Brain Trauma Foundation is hiring a full-time Research Assistant for its Clinical Research and Methodology team. Reporting to the Director of Methodology and the Executive Team, and under the direct oversight of the Director of Methodology, the Research Assistant (RA) will assist with literature searches, systematic reviews, guidelines development, and other research projects as assigned. The successful candidate must have working knowledge of data capturing systems/databases, collection and computerization of information, and the development of reports; possess strong communication and analytical skills; be comfortable working with technical, medical, and scientific terminology. Under direct supervision of the Principal Investigator, may assist with a multisite research trial.
The core duties of the Research Assistant are delineated below:
• Has a thorough knowledge of study-related technology and provides technical assistance as needed.
• Assists in aspects of data management, including scoring, data entry and validation, and data analysis using SPSS, R, or other statistical software.
• Conducts all research-related activities in compliance with any and all IRB-approved protocols and in accordance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and HIPAA rules.
• Produces written and table summaries for use in proposals and project deliverables.
• Conducts literature searches and aids with systematic reviews and meta analysis as needed.
• May be tasked with training and orienting interns on research-related procedures and/or other tasks as necessary.
• May assist with tasks related to contract management and Institutional Review Board regulations, such as the preparation of monthly reports to sponsor institutions or submission for IRB review.
• Participates in meetings and the completion of special projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate for the position of Research Assistant will possess the following:
• Minimum of 2 years previous experience as a RA (or comparable experience).
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent time-management skills.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to perform under pressure.
• Strong software and computer skills, including MS Office applications.
• Flexible with changing priorities as projects evolve.
This position reports directly to: Director of Methodology and the Executive Team
Hiring Salary Range & Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package offered.
Estimated Start Date: Open immediately
Job Location: This position is located in Campbell, California. Relocation expenses will not be covered.
Travel: Some domestic travel may be required.
How to Apply: Please submit a resume/CV, cover letter outlining experience, 3 references, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please indicate ‘Research Assistant.’ NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the large number of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Interested in learning about career opportunities at Brain Trauma Foundation? Please contact email@example.com.